Saturday, May 12, 2012

Brooke's Crazy Life.....

Sooo, what's new, you ask? alot lol lets see...... we had a wonderful time in Europe visiting my brother and his wife :D We went through 4 different countries there... Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland (: it was pretty awesomeeee!!! :D We spent two weeks there and they seemed to fly by. While there, we got a series of phone calls from my mom's sister (Aunt Beth).... bad calls. At first, my Grandpa Durham (mom's dad) was starting to become ill. We thought he would be ok..... he had a stroke or heart attack the first week we were over there, so he was taken to the hospital, then he was diagnosed with a different type of leukemia. Oh, by the way, at this time, my Grandma Durham was also in a hospital because her stool kept gathering in her stomach and she was having trouble with her health even more. So, while in Germany, my grandparents were in different hospitals in MI :-/ It was tough on mom..... then came the phone call on April 6...... Grandpa Durham joined the Lord on April 5, that night... this was the day right before we left to head back to the US. Once we got back to IL, we spent the night at our house and then on the 8th we headed over to MI.... Grandma was not doing well at all :( We had 4 days left with her.... she stopped all treatment for herself, she "wanted to be with her husband and son" and that was her wish, we didn't stand in her way. At 2 AM, April 11th, my dad came in my room, woke me up with the words I'll never forget.... "Brooke, Grandma's gone." I quickly headed out to the living room to see her peaceful face.... it was true. My grandma was in heaven.

2 comments:

running4him said...

Wow, praying for ya. That is really hard to go through, but God knows best. He will always be there for you...

Bekah said...

<3