Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October Updates

Howdy y'all. I just wanted to post something to let y'all know that I'm still alive! :) I have decided NOT to post the pics of mama's birthday because the pics of her with her presents were takin' in the morning and she was still her nightgown. Anyway, what's new with me...Dad left for Indiana, for his job with the military, on the third. Please pray that he will be safe up there and that he will come back soon and safely. He is coming back in November, so I'm hoping the days will fly! Nathan is leaving for South Carolina tomorrow to see his best friend's graduation from basic training. Congrats Daniel! Back to my family, Hook (one of my 4 cats) is having his birthday on the 12th. I know I'm weird if I'm going to celebrate it, but to give you a heads up I'll post a birthday post for him on that day! :) My birthday is coming up on the 27th of this month. I am getting very old! Hehe After my birthday comes the skating party which takes the place of Halloween for us. I'll be doing the bags of candy which we hand out to the kids (and families) after we're done skating. Skating is really fun and we all are looking forward to it. Before I leave I would like to ask one of my followers named "Just for Girls" to leave a comment or email me and give me your blog address that way I can visit your blog. I love seeing my followers blogs so please leave a comment or email me. I guess I should go. There's nothing more to say...I think! :) TTYL

4 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

Hi there, I just arrived here from the "My Delightful Diary" blog. I noticed the picture of you and your history teacher, is that Mr. McBride? I am enrolled in the ABeka homeschool and Mr. McBride teaches my Life Management and 11th grade history class. If you have a minute, feel welcome to stop by my blogs. Oh, Footprints in the Sand is my personal blog. Thanks for taking a moment to read this comment.=)

~Elizabeth J.

Brooke said...

Elizabeth,
Hello! Yes, that is Mr. McBride and he has to be the best teacher ever! Thank you for commenting, I love reading what my readers have to say. Hope you have a great day!
Brooke

Elizabeth J. said...

Brooke, thanks for the reply comment and for stopping by my blogspot. In regard to whether or not I like poetry by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, yes; I do like most of it. My favorite peom by him is "A Psalm of Life". Oh, and thank you for kindly following my blog. Do you mind if I ask whether or not your homeschooled? Don't feel like you have to answer that question. I just wondered whether you knew Mr. McBride in person or from the DVD's.

Brooke said...

I am homeschooled and I am proud to say it. :) I know Mr. McBride from videos, but I met him when Nathan graduated from there and we got to meet the teachers. That was quit an experience! Thanks for commenting again!
Brooke